It’s time for another Meet the Team Blog and this time we would like to Introduce you to Gus, an integral member of the YTA team. Gus assists both operationally in the UK and also as an Outreach Coordinator too, and he is excellent at both areas! The knowledge that Gus has about the industry is second to none, and he is an absolute asset to our team.
- How long have you worked with YTA?
“I first worked for YTA after returning from a trip to India in October 2015. So 3 years this October”
- Why do you like working with YTA?
“The company is truly younique. The way we do business and have such a fresh, novel approach to travel. I love how YTA give back to the communities we serve as destinations because gives such an ethical approach to travel. It’s just amazing!”
- What’s the best thing about working for YTA?
“The trips! Being able to lead our trips in country and getting to know all of our amazing travellers has to be the best part of working with YTA. I have met some amazing people since working for this company, some of which are now lifelong friends.”
- What do you like to do when you aren’t working, or volunteering with YTA?
“I am a keen photographer (you may see a lot of my photos in YTA’s marketing) and this goes hand in hand with my time spent travelling. Everyone says I go away far too much but hard works pays off and it should be rewarded!”
- If you could be any animal what would you be?
” I would be a Monkey, I enjoy a laugh but can be serious to get the job done… Doesn’t mean you can’t have fun along the way.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?
“My dream destination is Vietnam ( Even though we run a trip, I still haven’t been… YET!)
- If you were to go on a desert Island what would your 5 essential items be?
“A first aid kit, notebook, water purifier, a book and a blanket… Very practical!”